Thursday, March 26, 2020

MCO extended to April 14, what are you going to do?

Oh No, I believed everyone is shouting and banging their head when our PM announces that The government has decided to extend the movement control order (MCO) for another two weeks until April 14. It was a torturing for the past 8 days for practicing Stay At Home under the MCO, and now all of us has to extended another two more weeks due to the statistic doesn't look good out there.

Details of the announcement can be find here.

With MCO, I have to Work from Home to support the limited production activities. At the same time stay in close contact with my family to support each other in ways we never had before. I am not sure if this work from home can be the New Norm moving forward.

The main title of this article is, what are you going to do since MCO is extended now?
Are you still eat, sleep, exercise, catching up Netflix or Astro Movie (Offered Free till 31 March)? Or picking up a new skill like building up a website, learning how to become YouTuber, learning on the Japanese candlestick, way to grow your business, way to earn extra income and a lot more.

In my previous post regarding the market is falling down,there are more opportunities to invest right now. In early March, I initiated few position such as Maybank, Public Bank, Dutch Lady, Rohas, SP Setia, Astro. Who knows a week later, the fears of the coronavirus pandemic hit Malaysia and the market have dropped over 15% since then.


You may say, it is so unlucky. With all the bad news everywhere, it’s important for us to keep pushing forward with hope and courage. There are always upsides in a crisis. Warren Buffett once said that as an investor, it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”
Look back in the history, what do we learnt from the previous economy crisis back in 2007-2008 (also known as the global financial crisis)? At that time, I still a hardworking employee, I did not made any investment be it property or stock market? I still remember my boss asked me, did I invest in any shares? He told me that his investment has evaporated at least 50% at that time. This has made me freak out at that time and shunned away from stock market.
Now I am research back some of the previous businesses how they performed since the 2007-2008 crisis, below is some of the finding:
  • Maybank: grew 100%
  • Tenaga: grew 140%
  • PBB: grew 67%
  • Nestle: grew 347%
  • Dutch Lady: grew 277%
  • Visa: grew more than 1000%
  • Netflix: grew more than 2500%
  • Apple: grew more than 2000%
  • Starbucks: grew more than 1300%
So, do you think there are such opportunity during this time?




No comments:

Post a Comment